Thursday, August 17, 2017

MAGAZINES

     Magazines, just like books, are just not something I have time to read. I know, it sounds horrible, but it is true. Since I do not read magazines, never really have, I will be composing this post completely hypothetical.
     If I were to read three magazines, I would most likely be interested in Backpacker, Survival, and Pacific Standard. I believe what you take in psychologically can speak greatly about your interests. Backpacker and Survival magazines show that I am very interested in the outdoors. Not just walking outside, but surviving in the mountains with a limited supply of equipment. I believe it shows that I am an independent person. My interest in Pacific Standard magazine displays my interest in national news, problems our country faces, and how to solve those problems.
    I would definitely be looking for survival techniques in Survival magazine. New ideas and different ways of doing tasks are always changing. This magazine helps with learning how to survive, not just for beginners, but for people of all knowledge levels. Pacific Standard magazine interests me because it addresses serious issues that currently exist. This magazines makes you think from different perspectives, and suggests ways to solve these problems. Although the first two magazines are very insightful, my favorite would be Backpacker magazine! It covers a wide range of information for anyone who enjoys backpacking. There's information on survival, gear, events, stories, and even tips on photography.
    I do not read magazines, like I stated before. Not even while sitting in a doctors' office. I typically tinker around on my phone! I have no information to provide as to what type of advertising is displayed. In survival, I can imagine there would be ads for military surplus items, freeze dried food, and canning jars, etc.. In Backpacker, I would expect to find ads from Patagonia, Kelty, and Marmot. Undoubtedly you would find advertisement for backpacks, sleeping bags, head lamps and flashlights. As far as Pacific Standard goes, I honestly don't have any idea!
     I checked out the web page for all three magazines. There is really nothing to report as far as what is advertised online. With these new age advertising antics, the only items that are advertised on any page at all are items, and similar items, to which I have recently Google searched or shopped for.
     All in all, what you put into your mind can say a lot about you and your interests. Advertisements in print are based off the interests portrayed in the magazine. And online, well, we all know how advertising is based off our online interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment